martes, 21 de junio de 2016

My experience using blogs

My experience using blogs in my English class has been generally good. Overall, I can say that I have learned to use a blog in a much more effective way, and this can help me in the future in my journalism career.
In terms of improvement concerning my writing skills, I find that I have slightly improved. However, even though regularly writing and practicing helps improve your skills, I think that I generally tend to use the same words and sentences, to be sure not to make any mistakes. My self-critique would be to try and be more adventurous and to dare to use new words and phrases.
If I wanted to contribute to improving this activity, I think it would have maybe been interesting to write in the same format as we have been taught in our journalism/cinema classes (a news article or a script for example), which could be interesting since it would link our English class and the rest of our University classes.

In the future, I think that even though learning to write is important, there should be more of a focus on learning to speak. In my experience, my English has improved much more by speaking and listening. Even though one should know how to write correctly, the hardest part is speaking, and that is where the main focus in class should be. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario