martes, 21 de junio de 2016

The strike

The strike at the University is about the educational reform that the government wishes to launch. This reform addresses different issues, such as financing, quality, inclusion, etc. Also, the student’s demands are discussed, since the students are asking the government to tackle other issues.
The dedication to the strike is not really very strong. Even though the support for the student’s demands is transversal, there are many factors that influence the participation of the students in this protest, for example, students who come from other cities use this time to go back home, some students get part-time jobs, or those who have children stay home to take care of them, etc.

Personally, I don’t think that I have learned anything new from the strikes this year, because since 2006 I have been part of many student protests, in high school and in university, I have participated in many assemblies, so I feel like every time it is just a repetition of what I have already seen. Despite all of this, I think that what my schoolmates are proposing is totally valid and I support them completely, even though this time I haven’t been very active. 

1 comentario: